For those in Quezon City looking to try out Kendo, our Arena Dojo will be opening a new beginners’ class this coming July 2014. However, unlike previous classes, this class will only have limited slots. We will only be accepting 15 students for this class. To be eligible, please read the following information, or check our Facebook event page:
1) The June Trial Sessions (you are required to attend one and sign up for the July Class waiting list) are for free. You only need to bring sports wear or comfortable work out clothes. We will lend you the necessary equipment. Please log in the poll below as to which June session you will join.
2) The first 15 people to sign up on July 5 will be accepted into the class. You must have previous attended (and signed up) a June Trial Session to be eligible.
3) Starting July, you will be required to pay the monthly membership dues. This is P1500 for beginners.
4) Once you start you will also be required to buy your own personal shinai (bamboo sword). This can cost from P2000 to P2600 if you buy from the club.
5) The beginners’ basic course can last from 4 months to a year, depending on your individual rate of progress. So be prepared to earn your way into the advanced class through repetitive drilling in the basics.
For those looking for Kendo in Makati City, our Dasma Dojo is still open for new members with no considerations other than our normal recruitment procedures. Please be aware that the monthly fee for Dasma is P2000.
For more information about dojo locations and schedules, please Click Here For Arena, and Click Here For Dasma.
If you would like to try joining either dojo, please fill out the following form:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Thank you very much for reading. See you in the dojo!
UPDATE: Please note that due to some special circumstances on June 21, we will not be conducting a Trial Session on that day, in either dojo. If you were planning to do one that day, please choose another day.
One thought on “Arena Dojo June Trials & July Beginners’ Class, and Dasma Dojo Recruitment”
Please note that due to some special circumstances on June 21, we will not be conducting a Trial Session on that day. If you were planning to do one that day, please choose another day.